Clinics located in Manitoba can only submit medical claims to Manitoba Health electronically. This is used by Doctors, Chiropractors, and Optometrists only.
You must be registered with Manitoba Health. Upon registration they will send you a package with a clinic #, clinic name, a fob that provides you with a # you will use to log into the Manitoba Health portal and they send you a package with details on what is required on 15 test claims.
After you submit the 15 test claims, the claims will be approved or MB will provide you with feedback on changes that need to be made to the claims. You will have to resubmit them until the claims are all approved. You are then able to go ahead and do your regular submissions.
Manitoba Health would have sent you a package with details on what each claims must include.
Manitoba health testing process
- Manitoba Health requires you to set up 15 separate test claims. The patients you use for these must have complete profiles and can be real patients or fake patients. These test claims will be voided after the submission has been approved by Manitoba Health.
- Information that must be added in a patient profile and claim:
- Patient: Name, Address
- Health Care # (add a fake healthcare #) Phin # (add a fake phin #)
- Clinic name must appear on the claim.
- Comments: must be filled in when creating each test claim.
- Tariffs: enter the correct tariff for the service. (chiro billing do not use products & services you use Tariffs only).
- ICD codes: enter correct ICD codes for the service you are billing.
- When creating test claims you must use this process, once the claims are approved you will be able to create a claim directly from the appointment block on the schedule. Go to the Billing tab, click the down arrow beside the (+ Quick Invoice) option and select New Claim.
4. To view the claims you created go to Accounting, Appointment Claims.
5. In the "Status" field select "New" and Search.
6. When you have completed all the test claims let Customer Service know so that we can assist you with the submitting them to Manitoba Health.
7. After the claims have been submitted to Manitoba Health you will hear directly from Manitoba Health when the claims have been approved and you can then Void the test claims and start with Juvonno for live claim billing.
NOTE: Manitoba Chiro billing
(Do not create test claims using the Chiro Bill link on the schedule for this process)