- The Practitioner requires a WCB #. The number is entered under the Practitioner profile under the Insurance tab.
- Set up insurance 3rd party companies. Go to Settings>Third Party Companies>New Third Party.
- Create the third party for each then Save.
- Set up insurance in the patient's profile under the Insurance tab.
- Select New Insurance, Select WCB or MPI from the "Insurance" field drop-down options to create a record.
MPIC - (Manitoba Public Insurance)
- Set up insurance 3rd party companies (same as above for WCB).
- Set up insurance in the patients profile under the Insurance tab (same as above for WCB).
How to complete and invoice a patients appointment for WCB and MPIC
- Booking an appointment: On the appointment popup "Insurance" field select WCB or MPI.
- When the appointment is completed, click the patient’s appointment block on the schedule and select Complete and Invoice.
- Select Check Out. The patient will not require an invoice since generally the coverage is 100%. The insurance invoice is in the receivable status for you to send to WCB or MPIC.
- For a large volume clinic you can use the Batch Billing feature by going to Accounting>Print Batching>Create Batch Invoices.
Print Batching for WCB and MPI
- Go to Accounting>Create Batch Invoices.
- Fill in the details to create the batch in the pop up window.
- Confirm you want to create the Batch.
- Select the Print Options link to view the batch.
- Click the blue menu to the left of the item. Make your selection to create invoices individually or consolidated invoices. You will be able to down load to email or print to fax.
- Then select the Mark Batch as Printed. This indicates to you that you have sent the submission.
- You will be able to view the submission batch by changing the Search option Status field to Printed then click Search.
- You will see a list of print batches. Click the blue icon to the left of the item to view.