Use this check list to ensure all these items are set up to avoid a submission not being transmitted. Below the check list are further details about each section.
1. Practitioner # must be entered.
2. Practitioner Type must be set to the correct type that hcai accepts. Ensure under the Settings, Practitioner Types the Practitioner and correct HCAI code has been entered. For example, MT for Massage Therapist PT for Physiotherapist. Check with HCAI to confirm the code.
3. HCAI tab, Registry ID: Enter the practitioners Registry ID #.
To get the correct Registry ID # go to the Accounting tab, select Get Facility Info, select the clinic name, click Get Info. Scroll down the page, locate the name of the Practitioner. Beside their name to the left is their Registry ID #. (The Settings, Clinic, HCAI section must be completed first and the HCAI module enabled under the Accounting page before you can use this feature to locate the Registry ID).
4. Preferences tab. Item Hot Links: Enable Hot Links: Yes. Save.
1. Preferences - HCAI Notifications/ Dashboard tab set to Yes.
2. Default Filter - Treatment Plans & Invoices. When you are logged in as an administration you will see an HCAI tab on your dashboard.
1. Go to Settings>Clinics.
2. Under the HCAI Section, enter a. Facility ID, b. Username, c. Password
1. Go to Accounting.
2. Under the Health Claims for Auto Insurance select Module Settings.
3. Enabled: Yes.
4. Test HCAI: No.
5. Facility #: enter your facility #.
6. Enter: Username & Password, confirm Password. Save.
Sync Insurer List
1. Go to the Accounting tab.
2. Under the Health Claims for Auto Insurance select Sync Insurer List.
3. Select Sync Insurers. The system will import all the HCAI insurance companies. They will appear under the Settings, Third Party Companies list.
4. Under Third Party Groups set up an MVA or HCAI group. Go into the insurer you will be using on a treatment plan and set it to the MVA or HCAI group you created.
1. Ensure the insurance companies under Settings>Third Party Companies have an Insurance Group selected.
a. MVA insurance companies will be linked to the MVA Group.
b. The Extended Health Care Benefit would be linked to the EHC insurance Group.
To set up a Group go to Settings>Third Party Groups.
2. Each patients profile, Insurance tab must have insurance set up correctly. There must be a percentage of coverage under the Rules section.
3. Under the patients Treatment Plan "Insurance" tab select the insurance company/s.
Products & Services
1. Hcai requires you to use their service code. Under each Product & Service item you create, enter the correct Code under the Code Field.
Enter the Quantity of Measure.
2. Each product & service must be set to "Covered by Insurance" Yes.
3. For Block billing - You are required to track appointments within blocks. Create products & services with the correct code and set the Retail price as $0.00.
1. Go to Settings>ICD Codes.
2. Select Add/Update ICD-10 Injury\Codes. This will import a list injury codes that you can enter in the ocf forms.