Set up your Products and Services to allow Administrators and Practitioners to start booking appointments and billing for services!
Before you set up products and services, be sure that you set up:
Product & Services Tabs
Settings > Products & Services
1. Go to Settings>Products & Services>New Item.
2. Select a "Department" from the drop-down menu (previously set up).
3. Then select a "Category" from the drop-down menu (previously set up).
4. Type the "Name" of the Product or Service.
Department Service /Category Massage / Item Name - 30 minute massage
Department Product / Category Orthotics / Item Name - Custom Orthotics
5. Enter an "Item #' or the system will assign a number in this field which you can change.
6. You're able to add an "SKU: SKU2" if they apply.
7. "Unit of Measure Quantity" can be applied (for Hcai users see the HCAI section for further details on how to set this up).
8. Additional information can be added such as Color: Size: Cubic Size: Weight. These fields are just for your own reference.
9. Enter the "Cost" to you.
10. Enter the "Retail" price to patients.
11. Enter a "Description". This Description will appear in the Patient On - Line Portal.
12. You're able to adjust the "Tax Type" from making a selection from the drop-down menu. "Inherit from the department" relates to the tax you set under the Department you select for the product & service item.
You can override the Tax setting you selected under the Department within the product & service.
The Department is called Services. You set the department default tax to GST & PST. (Taxes would have previously been set up under Settings>General>System>Accounting>Taxes).
Create a new Product & Service - Department is Service but this particular item does not have tax, at the bottom of the item page select the "No Tax" option and Save.
13. Inventory Tracking: If the item should be tracked for inventory, select "Yes" and Save. After saving an "Inventory" tab will become available for you to receive and adjust inventory. See the Inventory section for more details.
14. Covered by Insurance: Select “Yes” or “No”. If the item should be covered by Insurance you must select yes or the patient's insurance will not apply.
15. Service Duration: Select a duration from the drop-down menu. This will automatically block the correct time on the practitioner's schedule when an appointment is booked.
NOTE: You are able to override the service duration when scheduling an appointment.
16. If you want the item to be "Booked from Portal" select "Yes". The portal must be enabled. (Contact Sales).
17. Loyalty Program: Select the box if the program applies to the item.
18. Practitioner Type: Select from the drop-down menu. To set up a “Practitioner Type” go to the Settings>Practitioner Types>New Practitioner Type.
NOTE: This field must set correctly based on the Name of the item. If it is a Massage Appointment this field must be set to Massage Therapist. Especially if you are billing through Telus and HCAI.
19. "Apply to Schedule Types" is used to filter the types of Products & Services a patient can book with a specific Practitioner in the portal.
To add additional Schedule Types for booking through the portal select the blue “Add” button. Select the Schedule Types available to the portal.
Product & Service item - 30-minute Massage
Dr. King has the Massage schedule type applied to his profile.
Dr. Adam has the Massage schedule type applied to his profile.
If you select the "Massage" schedule in this instance, both practitioners will show as available to book this 30-minute Massage in the portal.
20. The "Product Groups" setting is optional. If you chose to use product groups it allows you to further filter reports and apply a product to multiple groups.
21. "Attributes" select “Name” and “Options” from drop-down menus. To add additional attributions click the blue “+Add Attribute” button.
22. Select “Apply”.
After saving an item you will have access to more tabs to further define the product & service.
Patient Group Prices
Vendors tab - Define information about the "Vendors" providing products.
Vendors are set up by going to Settings>Vendors>New Vendor.
Enter all the Vendors you will be using so they show up in drop drop options throughout the system.
Image tab - Upload an image of an item.
This section allows you to set product inventory parameters. You can adjust the total inventory on hands as well. To ensure you track inventory make sure you have selected "Track Inventory" as "Yes" within a product.
History - View changes and sales for the product.
If there are NO Product Categories attached to the department you are able to select “Delete”. You’ll be prompted to confirm you want to delete the product department. Select “Ok”.
You are unable to delete a department you have assigned Product Categories to. You must first go into Product Categories and reassign each item to a new Product Department or delete items altogether. You are then able to delete a Product Department.
Clone: You are able to clone product & service items. Click the icon to the left of the item and select "Clone".