TIP: Before you can set up Commissions you must have your Products & Service created first.
1. From the Commission tab, select "New Rate".
2. Type Field: Select the type of commission the rate will be based on (Product, Category or Department).
3. Then select the Product, Category or Department.
4. Calculation Field: Select if the commission is based on the Profit or the Total.
5. Calculation Type: Select Flat or Percentage.
6. Amount: Enter the amount then "Save".
1. Create a Commission Report by going to: Reports>Sales Section- Commission for Specific Practitioners.
2. Approve Pending Commissions by going to Accounting>Commissions Section - Pending Commissions.
3. Pay Commissions by going to Accounting>Commission Section - Commissions Payable.
4. Record a Commission by going to Accounting>Commissions Section - Record a Payment.
If you use the Commissions feature DO NOT edit the practitioner name on invoices as it will not update the commissions.
If you have already invoiced a patient and gone to Pending Commissions, Approved the Commissions and/or Paid a commission you must REFUND the invoice using a quick invoice.
When refunding the item make sure, under the Product & Services section where you enter the item/service you are refunding you add a minus sign before the number in the Qty column of the invoice, this will create a negative amount.
Then go to Accounting>Pending Commissions, locate the item, select the box to the left of the item and select Approve from the "With Selected" options.
Go to Reports, Commissions by Practitioner. You will see the negative amount that should NOT be paid to the practitioner.
Commission Payments report will not show the payment any longer.
If you have NOT Approved a commissioned item and want to void it, go to Accounting, Pending Commissions, locate the item, select the check box to the left of the item, from the "With Selected" drop down options box on the right select Void.