This feature works the same as any email messaging client however you are only able to communicate with employees who have profiles created on your system.
TIP: For information on the GoWebmail feature to communicate outside of the clinic see the GoWebmail instructions.
You can access this feature by going to "My Dashboard" or by selecting the "Communication" link down the left side of the page then select "Messages".
You have access to an Inbox, Sent, Compose, Deleted and Add Folders.
How to compose a new message
1. Go to My Dashboard>+ New Message.
2. Send to: Select from the drop down menu who you want the message to go to.
3. Individual: Type an individual’s name in this field. The individual must be set up as an employee. You also have an option to send to a Staff Group you would have already created, a clinic (if you have more than 1 location), a Region or All Staff.
4. Select “+ Add A Recipient” to add additional names.
5. Title: Enter a subject.
6. Regarding Patient: Type a patients name for whom the message is concerning. You can also chose from the “Search for a Patient” icon. The message will be stored in the patients profile under their "Messages" tab.
TIP: If you want to use this feature to send internal notices you could set up a Patient name called Notices or Staff Meetings.
7. Priority: Select the urgency of your message.
8. Force View on Login: Selecting “Yes” will force the recipient to view the message upon logging into the system.
TIP: This feature must be enabled in your system settings. Go to: Settings>General>System>System>Other Section - Default Force Message Login>Yes>Save.
9. Message: Type the contents of your message then “Send”.
10. You will receive a prompt indicating the message was sent successfully, select “Ok”.