What is Phzio
Phzio is a telehealth solution for the Physical Therapy Industry. Through the use of digital treatments, therapists can see higher levels of patient compliance.
- Patient Experience
- Physical Therapist Experience
- How Juvonno and Phzio Work Together
- How to Sign Up for Phzio
- Locations of Phzio Integration
- Completing Juvonno + Phzio Integration
- Phzio Support
Patients can navigate and understand simple interface right away.
Once a patient starts a treatment session they are able to communicate in real-time with their PT via video and text.
All patient to PT interactions are recorded and accessible to the PT on-demand. Once the Patient has completed the prescribed exercises they are prompted to record a personal Video Journal that is automatically sent to their PT for review and response.
Physical Therapist Experience
The PT’s experience with Phzio is also very easy to use while still being robust and capable.
Physical Therapists are able to monitor patients while they perform the exercises that have been assembled for them. Real-time feedback and guidance ensures safety and correct form along with the documenting of each patient encounter post-treatment.
In its simplest form you CREATE the Treatment Programs, MONITOR your patients and DOCUMENT the sessions. Same as you would do in the clinic but now you’re doing it remotely.
Just like Patients, you are able to send video messages directly to your patients. This extends your clinics reach and relationship with every patient.
How Juvonno and Phzio Work Together
Juvonno and Phzio use a direct integration from Juvonno to Phzio.
How to Sign Up for Phzio
- Register online at: phzio.com/pt-register
- Telehealth Phzio Support and Training line 1-855-470-1700
- There is a $2.50 fee for Physio sessions with 2 or more people that go beyond 5 minutes
- Fees charged to your clinic monthly
Locations of the Phzio Integration
Completing Juvonno + Phzio Integration
Step 1: Enable Module
- Settings > General > System > Modules > Telehealth and select Enabled
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save.
Step 2: Integrated Apps
- Settings > General > System > Integrated Apps
- Enabled set to Yes
- Enter the 'Token' and 'Secret' keys that Phzio has provided for you.
- This means that you must sign up for a Phzio account prior to having 'Token' and 'Secret' keys.
Step 3: Schedule Type
- Settings > Schedule Types
- The Schedule Type you are using when booking the appointment on the schedule must have Telehealth check box selected.
Step 4: Notifications
- Settings > General > System > Scheduling > Scheduling Section > Default Patient Reminder
- Locate the Default Patient Reminder field and set that to any of the email reminder defaults.
Step 5: Email Reminders
- Setting > General > System > Scheduling > Appointment Emails > Standard Booking
- Set the Patient Booking Notifications to Yes
Step 6: Appointments
- When you book an appointment on the schedule the appointment popup will show the option to select a Visit Type.
- Select Telehealth - Phzio as the Visit Type.
The appointment block will appear with diagonal lines to indicate it's a Telehealth appointment.
Step 7: Patient Email
- The patient will receive the appointment notification to their email
- The patient must have a valid email address in their Patient Profile. Without a vaild email address, the patient will not be able to view and attend the Phzio scheduled appointment.
Step 8: Email Session Invitation
- Click the appointment block and select "Send Session Email" from the drop-down.
- The patient will receive an invitation to the session.
- There is a "Join the Session" link within the email the patient will select on the date and time of the appointment. The patient can access the session from their computer or phone.
Step 9: Phzio Session
On the date and time of the appointment, the practitioner will click on the appointment block and select "Join Phzio Session. Both parties will be linked to commence the meeting.
All additional features will now commence in Phzio. For any help with the operations of Phzio please contact Phzio Support.
- There are several options on the Telehealth-Phzio screen.
- You're able to take a picture using the camera icon and draw on the image before saving it. At the end of the session, you can open the patient profile, go to the documents section and upload the PDF image.