Most of the fields under the Portal tab have (i) information icons you can hover over to get more information. However, there is some further explanation of some of the fields listed below.
This section reviews the areas on the system that require set up. The portal must first be enabled. If it is not, please contact your Sales Rep or Custom Service.
Give your company website designer the portal link to allow them to create a “Book an Appointment” button that directs viewers to the Patient Portal. This link is located under Settings>System & Company Settings Sections>System>Portal>Portal Login URL.
- CLINIC SET UP
Go to Settings, System & Company Settings Section, select Clinics.
Open the Clinic.
Book in Portal field: Yes. Save.
- SYSTEM SETTINGS
Go to: Settings>System & Company Settings Section>General>System>Portal
Allow Public Signup: No If you don’t want new patients to register a patient profile.
a. Slot Availability: If you want to select specific times the practitioner is available in the portal set this to Yes. There is a further description below under the Availability Tab section.
b. Auto Accept Appointments:
There are 2 options:
Set to Yes: The patient books the appointment, you have a Pending tab on your schedule dashboard where you will be able to accept or decline appointment with a note to the patient.
Set to No: The system automatically confirms the appointment.
Appointment Booking Message
Portal Login Page Message
Secure Home Page Message
These sections allow to you type custom text. Be creative and welcome your patients to the portal, inform them of the services and type/quality of practitioners and services you provide or anything you would like them to know about your clinic. You can also use your portal to tell patients about new practitioners coming on board or promotions/discounts you may be offering as well as hours of operations, stat holidays etc.
These are the buttons patients can have access to when they log in.
Documents: You are able to upload documents in the patient profile and assign them to the portal for the patient to view.
Medical Profile: The patients can complete the pre-built Medical Profile Health History form within Juvonno before arriving to the clinic. You could also offer for them to complete the form on a tablet when they arrive at the clinic. You are also able to create your own custom Intake Form to show in the portal.
Programs: You can create programs for several patients to attend for example, you are offering an Exercise class or a Yoga class. These programs can be set to show on-line for patients to register.
- SCHEDULE TYPES
Go to Settings>Schedule Types
Schedule Types are linked to Practitioners then to Products & Services to show the item in the Portal. Ensure you have the correct Schedule Type assigned to Practitioners.
Example; if you have more than 1 Physiotherapists that offers different services it may be best to create a Schedule Type by Practitioner Name.
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Go to: Settings>Products & Services
You must select the Product & Service items you want to show in the portal.
a. Open each of the Product & Service Items.
b. Set the “Book from the Portal” option to Yes.
c. Apply to Schedule Types: Attach the schedule type that has been assigned to the Practitioner who will be booking the item in the Portal. Save.
- PRACTITIONER PROFILE
Go to Settings>Practitioners
Open the Practitioner Profile, select “Can be booked in the Portal” Yes.
There are 2 ways you can set up availability for the portal.
a. Standard Availability
Select the time frame on the schedule to allow appointments to be booked anytime when a patient calls the clinic and goes to the portal.
b. Set Portal Booking Slots
If you are using the “Set Portal Booking Slots” option you must select at least 1 time on every day the practitioner is available. If you did not select any portal time slots on the example below for Friday, the practitioner would show available all day in the portal.
- EMAILS & NOTIFICATIONS
Go to Settings>General>System>Scheduling>Appointment Email Section
Under the Booked in Portal section you have options to select for the Clinic & Practitioners to
receive emails when bookings are made on-line.
- REFERRAL TYPES
Go to Settings>Referral Types
You’re able to create the types of referrals you want to track. This information is stored in the Patient Profile on their General tab under Referral Type. You can also create a report by going to Reports, Statistic Section, and Referrals by Type.
Select New Referral.
Portal Signup: Yes if you want patients to select how they were referred to the clinic.
Open a Patient Profile to locate their Portal Access tab.
There is a list of Practitioners under the Available Practitioner section. You are able to restrict patients to see specific Practitioners by selecting the practitioner name/s.
If the client is an existing Patient you are able to send a portal Invitation to the email address you have entered on their General page. The invitation is active for 3 days, they are able to click a link in the invitation and create their own Username and Password to access the portal.
Create an Account Manually
You can also create a Username and Password for test profiles and for clients who would like you to do this for them. Select “Click here to Create an account manually”. You can use an email address as the Username in the event you want to be able to obtain a forgotten password, enter a Password. Then Save.
Under the Scheduling Section there is a report called Portal Appointments.
FURTHER EXPLANATION OF FIELDS
1. Enabled: Yes
2. Allow Public Signup: Yes. If you want patients to register a new profile on line.
3. Add/View Medical Profile: Yes. If you want patients to complete their Medical Profile on line.
4. Intake Form Completion Notification: Set this field to yes if you want to be notified to your clinic email address when a patient completes intake forms.
5. Portal Signup Notification: Set this field to yes if you want to be notified to your clinic email address when a new patient registers.
6. Portal login URL: Give this url link to your website designer to create the "Book an Appointment" button on your company website. When your clients click "Book an Appointment" they will be directed to the patient portal where they can then book an appointment on line.
1. Slot Availability: Allows you to set specific times under the Practitioner Profile, Availability tab that can be booked in the portal.
2. Auto Accept Portal Appointments: Yes will automatically book the appointment. You will not have to manually accept it from the schedule.
3. Pending appointment email address: When there is a pending appointment that has not been approved an email is sent to the this email address. If this field is left blank the email will go the practitioner.
4. Apply Default Insurance: If yes, applies the patients default insurance record to an appointment they book in the portal.
5. Hours Prior to book: Sets the number of hours prior to an appointment it can be booked.
6. Hours prior to cancel: Sets the number of hours prior to an appointment it can be cancelled.
Scheduling Consent section
1. Enabled: Shows a check box beside consent text. The patient must select the check box before continuing.
2. Scheduling Consent Required: Set this according to your selection under the Enabled field above.
3. Required Every Time: If this is set to yes the patient must select the check box each time they book an appointment in order to continue.
4. Consent Text: This text appears next to the check box for the consent.
5. Consent document: You can upload a consent document for the patient to view.
This is custom content you enter to provide details about the booking process for your clinic and other notices you want the patient to view while reading through the pages on the patient portal.
1. Appointment Booking Message: Appears at the top of the first page where the patient begins booking their appointment.
2. Portal Login page message: Appears on the login page.
3. Secure Home Page Message: Appears once the patient has logged in.
4. Public Book thank you message: Appears after the patient has booked their appointment.
1. Insurance Totals: Shows insurance totals.
2. Loyalty point balance: If your clinic uses loyalty points the balance will be visible.
3. Outstanding invoices: Patients will have access to their invoices.